Hobbycraft Launches New Workshop Programme With Thousands of Classes Available Online and in Store
By Emily Peagram 03 Aug 2021
Hobbycraft, UK’s largest arts and crafts retailer is continuing in its mission to get all Britain making and creating, by expanding its popular workshop programme to deliver thousands of fun and creative classes both online and in-store.
The workshops are designed by Hobbycraft Artisans (craft experts from Hobbycraft stores across the UK), and will be bringing their expertise in specific areas of craft to create classes that encourage people to #CraftTogether, and an opportunity to master a new craft or refine a long-time favourite. For the kids’ and art classes, customers will find everything needed in a craft kit delivered to their home or local store.
From Monday 19th of July, customers will be able to book to join workshops that will be hosted by the retailer’s Artisan colleagues and creative partners. The workshops are powered by ClassBento – a leading events booking platform – and bookable via the Hobbycraft ClassBento site. Workshops begin on Monday 2nd August with over 40 in store and online workshops available each week.
- Watercolour and Gouache sessions will be introduced alongside inspiration, advice and product offers in the Hobbycraft Art Event (22nd July – 15th September).
- Brush Lettering workshops with illustrator Becki Clark, helping customers to learn basic techniques.
- To keep the kids entertained this summer holidays, join Hobbycraft’s #KidsCraftClub classes available in store and online. From watercolour and acrylic painting to cross stich and crochet ideas, there is something for every child to enjoy.
- There will be Cricut 1 to 1 and group workshops available in store and online to help crafters learn how to get the most of their digital cutting machines, alongside tips and tricks on projects.
- For novice and avid sewers, there will be 121 and group sewing sessions hosted by a sewing expert who will offer tips and advice on sewing machines or projects.
Pricing for each session will vary between £5 - £35 (this will include the box of material for the art and kids craft workshops)*.
Katherine Paterson, Customer Director at Hobbycraft comments: “Our workshops have always been in high demand, and I’m thrilled to be able to expand on our #CraftTogether workshop programme further as we remain dedicated to getting all of Britain making and creating.
We are delighted to be partnering with ClassBento, a team that has both great expertise in this area but also with whom we have a shared vision of enabling people to learn, make and do things. By partnering with ClassBento we are able to host thousands of classes for kids and adults alike, just in time for the summer holidays! We have included everything from Art, Sewing, Cricut and Kids’ specific classes so it can cater for all skill levels.
“There are many benefits to our workshops such as connecting with fellow crafters and Artisan experts and helping with customers general wellbeing. We hope to see many current but also new customers join us to keep crafting passions alive!”
Later this year, Hobbycraft will introduce an exciting Christmas workshop programme, including wreath making, candle marking and fillable baubles.