Autumn Fair announce #SBS competition winners
By Mark Hayhurst 08 Aug 2018
Autumn Fair, the season’s number one marketplace for the retail industry, has announced the winners of a competition giving away 12 free exhibitor spaces at its #SBS Pavilion.
The Pavilion showcase, hosted by entrepreneur and small business champion Theo Paphitis, is to be dedicated to highlighting new and unique products from ambitious start-ups and small businesses.
The winning businesses have been carefully chosen from a shortlist of 36 by a panel of Autumn and Spring Fair experts from event organisers, ITE Group. Entrants were selected based on their uniqueness, relevance to Autumn Fair’s retail visitors and how valued their products would be by the end consumer.
The winners will be taking centre stage at the Fair, which runs September 2-5 at Birmingham NEC, and will gain access to thousands of visitors and buyers ready to order products ahead of the busiest retail period of the year – the Golden Quarter.
#SBS began in 2010 and each week hundreds of small businesses tweet Theo to secure his endorsement. Every Monday, six of these businesses are then invited to become part of the now 2,300 strong #SBS community, benefiting from boosted publicity and attendance at a yearly conference with access to motivational speakers and workshops.
Theo Paphitis, founder of #SBS, said: “These twelve winners are fantastic representatives of the #SBS community. With their free space at Autumn Fair, they’ll get stand-out access to the greatest gathering of retail buyers in the UK, and have a chance to champion their products face-to-face. It’s an unrivalled level of exposure for these companies, and could be the catalyst to significant growth for their business.”
Louise Young, managing director of Spring & Autumn Fair, said: “Deciding the winners has been no easy task, with every entrant making a sound case for being here at Autumn Fair. We are, however, more than confident that the twelve small businesses that we’ll be welcoming in the #SBS Pavilion come September 2 were the most innovative and unique of the 36 shortlisted.
“We thank Theo for helping to organise the competition and look forward to welcoming him and his winners to the show. Autumn Fair will be the perfect platform for these fledgling small businesses to reach out to new clients and forge strong partnerships ahead of what could be a transformative golden quarter for them.”
As the gateway to the Golden Quarter, Autumn Fair enables visitors to buy products ‘here and now’ for this key selling period, as well as helping them get ahead of the competition by seeing the biggest range of 2019 product launches in the UK. Retailers are encouraged to register to attend the show now to avoid missing out on the next best sellers. https://bit.ly/2OGVpkU
For the full list of winners, please see below:
- Cally King: Perfume gift boxes for those new to the world of fragrance
- Letterbox Lab: A kids’ science kit designed specifically to be more colourful, more convenient and more educational.
- The Edible Museum: Novelty intricate chocolate sculptured to look like museum pieces.
- Butterfly and Toadstool: Handmade, naturally inspired jewellery
- MK Kids Interiors: Personalised interior design company that caters exclusively to kids
- Bad Dog Designs: Unique and individual clocks created from original vintage Nixie tubes
- Z-O-E: Design studio crafting beautifully patterned muslin babywear
- Border in a Box: Garden design templates to help anyone easily create a pretty garden
- Dimpled Heart: Eclectic range of handcrafted homewares inspired by Scotland
- The Room Alive: Intricately designed soft furnishings, prints, stationary and toy storage solutions with an emphasis on materials from sustainable sources.
- Perch Upholstery: The only furniture upholsterer working with felted wool in the UK
- Cuddlebed Company: Handmade soft-furnishings for people of all ages, with an emphasis on adults and children with special needs